Cycle Connect is Hiring a Head of Finance
Head of Finance
About Cycle Connect:
Cycle Connect is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential Cycle Connect offers asset financing directly to the most remote farmers. Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility for rural farmers. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
We are a social-driven business. We are committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development.
To date, we’ve disbursed over 6,000 asset-loans and are focused on another 6,000 in the coming twelve months.
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda with travel to field offices (25%)
REPORTS TO: Country Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Two Accounting Officers (CPA)
About the Role:
As the Head of Finance, you will run the Ugandan finance department ensuring proper accounting, compliance, tax, and forecasting for the organization. You will be a part of the strategic leadership of the organization offering input and support on the financial performance of our strategic objectives. Your primary responsibilities will include:
Finance, Strategy Leadership, and Management:
- -Coordinate with Country Director to run yearly budgeting and forecasting across the organization
- -Publish monthly finance reports to leadership with strategic commentary on financial performance indicators.
- -Coordinate with leadership to develop pricing and credit models that support our financial performance and impact outcomes.
- -Manage and develop a growing finance team
- Responsible for the accurate, compliant, and strategic accounting across the organization including management of:
- -Accounts Receivable
- -Accounts Payable
- -Fixed Asset/Depreciation
- -Inventory Management
Compliance, Internal Controls, and Tax:
- -Enforce and improve Cycle Connects financial policies, systems, and procedures
- -Maintain current knowledge of financial policies, regulation and legislation that affect Cycle Connect
- -Develop internal audit procedures for branches and HQ
- -Oversee tax administration including filling all tax returns, PAYE, VAT, WHT and Income Tax
- -Coordinate yearly audits with external auditing firm
Key Result Areas/ Accountabilities:
- -Accuracy in reporting the financial performance of the company and monthly consolidation of financials to the global controller
- -Reconciliation of company’s loan system, cash, and accounting system
- -Tax compliance and filing
- -Implementation of strong financial controls and internal audit standards
- -Strong managerial coaching, training, and development of finance team
- -Maintain a strong relationship with Cycle Connect team to assist in collection and training of team to follow accounting procedures
We are looking for someone with:
- -A fully certified CPA or ACCA with a bachelor’s degree
- -Thorough knowledge of accounting, corporate finance, and internal audit with a minimum of 8 years experience as an accountant and 6 years in a managerial role
- -Capacity to work independently and under pressure
- -Excellent knowledge of Excel
- -Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- -Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software is an added advantage
- -A high degree of integrity and a team player
Why work with us?
- -Cycle Connect is growing quickly, which allows the opportunity of staff to grow with us.
- -We offer competitive salaries and benefits
- -We are constantly seeking to build the best company. This means we take your feedback seriously – your knowledge and experience can improve our policies and procedures.
- -While our team is result-oriented, we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy team meals and lots of laughter.
How to Apply:
Only online applications are accepted. Interested candidates can apply online here: http://bit.ly/CCHOFappform