Reports to: Director of Growth
Location: Gulu, with frequent travel to expansion areas
About Cycle Connect
Cycle Connect is a socially-driven business that delivers agricultural products and tools to farmers living in remote, rural areas in Northern Uganda. Millions of farmers are financially excluded and yet need access to products on credit. This is where Cycle Connect delivers, as we specialize in offering productive tools on financing plans, reaching the most last mile customers, and offering low barrier loan terms built for farmers, enabling them to increase their income and in turn propel their communities forward.
We have a growing number of assets in our portfolio, including oxen and plough, bicycles, motorcycles, grinding machines, and a rich pipeline for even more. To date, we have worked with over 10,000 farmers across two different branches and backed up by 40 team members. We are venturing through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda and are therefore looking to expand our team.
Provide general leadership and promote a performance-based culture within the organization. Oversee marketing staff and agents through driving sales to ensure that branches deliver reliable, quality and timely sales services to customers and at the same time ensure performance goals are hit.
● Monitor key metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure the growing field team and branches adequately hit or exceed their performance goals.
● Provide the relevant reports to the director on the performance of the region and key issues that require attention.
● Develop marketing interventions and train the teams to execute.
● Provide support to the marketing team in monitoring impact of marketing interventions, sales pipelines and penetration rates.
● Promote a performance-based culture within the branch that satisfies the needs of clients and recognizes the importance of long-term customer relationships.
● Innovate with different departments to increase process efficiency and ensure products are market fit.
DRIVING EXPANSION AND GROWTH
● Seek new market opportunities, within Northern Uganda as well as new region expansion by 2023.
● Support market exploration for new branches as well as a new region to expand into by 2023.
● Work with the marketing and sales team in identifying opportunities for growth.
● Support on-going growth, through idea generation to drive sales, in line with the company’s needs.
● Serve as liaison to external partners for marketing and sales opportunities.
● Role model and spearhead an enabling team leadership and performance management style that trickles down to build an effective culture across all offices.
● Train and coach sales staff to ensure procedures are understood and they have the required skill level needed to succeed.
● Implement the agent model across all branches and expansion plans.
● Own the departmental budget, including drafting targets, identifying personnel needed, and targeting
areas of improvement.
Who do we look for?
● You have at least 3 years of experience in leadership in sales and led a team in growth and expansion across multiple branches, preferably within agriculture.
● You have direct experience with rural farming communities and a passion for improving their lives.
● You believe that markets are made to be disrupted and can think creatively of new ways to fill a market gap.
● You have the ability to challenge the status quo on how things are done to drive efficiencies and/or impact.
● You have strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills.
● You believe decisions need to be backed up by data, not just a narrative- you push your teams to deliver on this.
● You know what it means to coach and develop team members, including managers and supervisors who oversee implementers. Your leadership style is to entrust others, empower them and leverage your team in decisions and implementation.
● You’re a self-starter who is excited about working in a fast-paced and start-up environment.
● You believe learning is constant and you inculcate a learning culture in those you work with.
● You have lived and worked upcountry before, including several years outside of Kampala.
Location will be split between Gulu and area of expansion based on the organizational needs and
workflow. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include health insurance,
and professional development. We will agree on a 6-month probation period with learning and
performance objectives after which we offer a two year contract.
Want to apply?
● Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
● Fill out the online application form
● You will upload your CV in PDF format into the form. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role
and has no more than 3 pages.
● The deadline for applications is 23rd February 2022.