Human Resource Assistant
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Reports to: Human Resource Coordinator
Location: Gulu, Uganda
About Cycle Connect
Cycle Connect is a socially-driven business that delivers agricultural products and tools to farmers living in remote, rural areas in Northern Uganda.
Millions of farmers are financially excluded and yet need access to products on credit. This is where Cycle Connect delivers, as we specialize in offering productive tools on financing plans, reaching the most last mile customers, and offering low barrier loan terms built for farmers, enabling them to increase their income and in turn propel their communities forward.
We have a growing number of assets in our portfolio, including oxen and plough, bicycles, motorcycles, grinding machines, and a rich pipeline for even more. To date, we have worked with over 10,000 farmers across two different branches and backed up by over 40 team members. We are venturing through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda and are therefore looking to expand our team.
The HR Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of Cycle Connect Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assist generally in the human resource activities for the Cycle connect employees, as required (job adverts, interviews and personnel files).
● Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
● Gather and maintain employee personal records both in hard & soft copies and ensure the records are up to date.
● Prepare/update the Cycle Connect staff list monthly in liaison with the supervisor.
● Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruited staff.
● Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
● Maintain the leave database for employees.
● Maintain the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
● Assist in exit administration, ensure that staff exiting has handed over all required assets.
● Perform other functions as required by the Supervisor.
Basic Qualifications, Training and Experience
● Minimum of Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration with a bias in human resource management or related studies
● At least one year of experience working in a generalist HR setup, experience with recruitment is preferred
● Experience in liaising with managers to determine staffing requirements
● Ability to handle highly confidential matters professionally and discreetly
● Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet all set deadlines
● Good administrative skills
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Strong skills in collaboration with diverse teams
Location will be in Gulu with travel to other branches and areas of expansion based on the organizational needs and workflow. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include health insurance, and professional development. We will agree to a 6 month contract with an extension possible based on organizational needs.
Want to apply?
● Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
● Fill out the online application form
● You will upload your CV in PDF format into the form. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role and has no more than 3 pages.
● Deadline for applications is 3rd April, 2022.