About Cycle Connect
Cycle Connect is a socially-driven business that delivers products and services to smallholder farmers in Uganda. We believe that distance should not be a barrier to opportunity and that is why we work on serving last-mile farmers.
Millions of farmers are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit. This is where Cycle Connect delivers, as we specialize in offering productive assets on financing plans. We offer low barrier loan terms built for farmers, enabling them to increase their income and in turn propel their communities forward.
We began our full-time operations in 2014 and have a growing number of assets in our portfolio, including oxen and plough, bicycles, motorcycles, grinding machines. To date, we have worked with over 10,000 farmers across two different branches and backed up by 40 team members. We are venturing through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda and are therefore looking to expand our team.
Length of contract
This is a one-year contract, with the possibility to extend.
As a Credit Officer, you will have the responsibility to sell our growing portfolio of agricultural-based loan products (including bicycles, oxen and ploughs, grinding mills and motorcycles). Your position and your sales are based in Gulu or Lira and the surrounding districts.
● Recruit loan clients with the support of marketing staff to achieve loan disbursement and portfolio growth targets.
● Assessment of potential loan clients to make sure they meet the required standards for borrowing from Cycle Connect.
● Coordinating logistics of loan disbursements with the Operations Department.
● Ensure all applications, loan agreements, and all required documentation are duly signed, completed, and filed.
● Work with management to achieve, or exceed, monthly, quarterly and annual organization goals
Monitoring and managing portfolio
● Monitor loan portfolio by maintaining close relationships, identify any potential default cases, and develop mitigants for them.
● Ensure clients comply with the Cycle Connect policies as well as terms and conditions attached to loans.
● Maintain the portfolio at risk within Cycle Connect’s loan quality standards.
● Comply with Cycle Connect follow-up procedures for defaulting clients.
● Participate in loan recovery and asset repossession following the Cycle Connect policies and procedures.
● Go the “extra mile” to build trusting relationships, customer loyalty, and satisfaction.
● Deliver high-quality client service by keeping time, providing accurate information, and being respectful of all potential customers.
● Provide training to clients before and after loan disbursal.
● Maintain close relationships with customers throughout the loan process. Administrative Tasks/Other
● Maintain and update loan reports, client records and duty reports.
● Analyze and suggest ways Cycle Connect can improve its credit strategies.
● Other tasks and projects deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Who are we looking for?
● You have the passion and drive to change the life of smallholder farmers through innovative lending and training strategies.
● Minimum qualification of diploma or degree from recognized university or college.
● At least one year of experience in working with rural communities/smallholder farmers.
● Strong computer skills and precision in working with data.
● Fluency in English and Luo (Acholi, Langi)
● Ability and/or willingness to ride long distances on a motorcycle daily by yourself.
● Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work location will be in the Acholi and Lango subregions. Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field and 20% in the offices in Gulu or Lira. Your working hours are 40 hours per week for which flexibility is required based on the market needs, this includes that you might need to work weekends or early evening hours.
Want to apply?
● Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
● Fill out the online application form under this Link
● You will upload your CV in PDF format into the form. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role and has no more than 3 pages.