About Cycle Connect
Cycle Connect is a socially-driven business that delivers products and services to smallholder farmers in Uganda. We believe that distance should not be a barrier to opportunity and that is why we work on serving last-mile farmers.
Millions of farmers are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit. This is where Cycle Connect delivers, as we specialize in offering productive assets on financing plans. We offer low barrier loan terms built for farmers,
enabling them to increase their income and in turn propel their communities forward.
We began our full-time operations in 2014 and have a growing number of assets in our portfolio, including oxen and plough, bicycles, motorcycles, grinding machines. To date, we have worked with over 10,000 farmers across two different branches and backed up by 40 team members. We are venturing through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda and are therefore looking to expand our team.
Length of contract
This is a one-year contract, with the possibility to extend.
Recovery of non-performing loans and written-off loans as per the Cycle Connect recovery guidelines.
Responsible for the recovery of all loans above 180 days in arrears as well as written-off loans.
● In collaboration with the Branch Managers and the Credit officers, obtain a list of non-performing loans and closely follow them up for collections as per collections guidelines.
● Achieve set targets for recoveries of non-performing watch portfolio loans and written-off loans.
● Create a filing system for all loans received from the branches.
● Clearly document all the collection efforts undertaken for each of the cases.
● Follow up on non-performing loans and written off and document efforts made in recovering them.
● Monitor the loan repayment accounts of non-performing loans and written-off loans and
ensure collections of any amounts thereon.
● Work closely with local authorities to follow up on their progress.
● Recommend waiver of accumulated interests and penalties on non-performing and written-off loans to management.
● Develop a list of lessons learned during recovery for strategic guidance on our lending business.
● Make weekly and monthly reports to the Head of Credit on progress of collections efforts.
● Maintain and update written and electronic loan follow-up records, as well as other client or group documents.
● Other tasks deemed necessary by the supervisor
Who are we looking for?
● Minimum qualification of diploma or degree from recognized university or college in Finance, Business, Micro finance or related field
● More than 2 years’ experience in Credit operations at Branch level.
● Strong computer skills
● Fluency in English and Luo (Acholi, Langi)
● Ability to ride long distances on a motorcycle daily.
● Process management skills
● Advanced people and relationship management skills
Work location will be in the Acholi and Lango subregions. Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field and 20% in office in Gulu or Lira. Your working hours are 40 hours per week for which flexibility is required based on the market needs, this includes that you might need to work weekends or early evening hours.
Want to apply?
● Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
● Fill out the online application form under this link
● You will upload your CV in PDF format into the form. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role
and has no more than 3 pages.
● Deadline for applications is 19th June 2021 at 11.59PM.