Cycle Connect is hiring a Credit Supervisor!
Apply online here: https://www.shortlist.net/webportal/#/job-details/1163 by April 14th, 2019.
Why Cycle Connect?
Cycle Connect is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potential and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential, Cycle Connect offers asset financing directly to smallholder farmers.
Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
To date we’ve disbursed over 4,000 loans and are focused on another 3,000 in the coming twelve months.
Does this sound like you?
Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- Over 2 years’ experience in similar position for credit/microfinance organization.
- Have a strong understanding of credit
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge and risk management
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude
- Embodies all of BAP’s values: accessibility, humility, boldness, integrity, and solution-oriented
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Has at least two years of experience supervising staff
- Detail oriented with a high level of integrity and analytical thinking
- Fluency in English and Luo (Acholi and Langi)
Key Responsibilities: Credit Functions
Loan Payments/ Fines/ Refundable Deposits:
- Approves payments for all loans in loan tracking database (Musoni)
- Assesses late fines to individuals/groups as necessary
- Verifies/processes refundable deposit requests in database and repayment schedules
- Implement and monitor security and fraud precautions at the branch to protect customer payments.
- Approves all group screening forms in database, verifies conditions are met on pending approvals
- Approves all standard risk bike loan applications, appraisals, and stores requisitions.
- Verification of new groups before or at distribution.
Loan Monitoring/ File Audits:
- Attends at least one loan training and one distribution per month
- Conducts at least one loan monitoring visit per month per group officer
- Conducts at least one file audit and follow-up per month per group officer
- Conducts at least one repayment schedule and loan passbook audit per loan officer per month
- Ensures loan files are organized, complete, and secure. Participates in loan collection visits for loans over 60 days past due
Hiring/ Training/ Mentoring:
- Participates in interviews and selection for new ROs and LOs. Leads the training of new LOs and ROs
- Assists with Employee Action Plan check-ins in the first three months. Mentors and guides LOs and ROs in best practices
- Covers for Regional Manager when they are out:
- Leads weekly credit and marketing meetings
- Leads morning briefs
- Reviews weekly work plans/ makes recommendations
- Answers calls from field staff with operational questions
- Review loan portfolio and manage arrears to meet organizational goals
- Participates in on-call rotation to assist staff after hours, opening the office, etc.
- Ensures all motorcycles are in good repair
- Assists with tracking insurance coverage on oxen, motorcycle and grinding machine loans
- Enforces loan policies and office policies (including petty cash, fuel receipts, motorcycle mileage logs, etc.)
- Recommends loan policy and procedure updates to branch manager
- Assists with end of month, quarter, year portfolio reporting
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Regional manager
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online here: https://www.shortlist.net/webportal/#/job-details/1163
Deadline for receiving applications is 14th April 2019.