Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: Gulu or Lira
About Cycle Connect
Cycle Connect is a socially-driven business that delivers products and services to smallholder farmers in Uganda. We believe that distance should not be a barrier to opportunity and that is why we work on serving last-mile farmers.
Millions of farmers are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit. This is where Cycle Connect delivers, as we specialize in offering productive assets on financing plans. We offer low barrier loan terms built for farmers, enabling them to increase their income and in turn propel their communities forward.
We began our full-time operations in 2014 and have a growing number of assets in our portfolio, including oxen and plough, bicycles, motorcycles, grinding machines. To date, we have worked with over 10,000 farmers across two different branches and backed up by 40 team members. We are venturing through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda and are therefore looking to expand our team.
Length of contract
This is a two-year contract, with the possibility to extend.
To oversee the branch field operations and branch credit staff to ensure that reliable, quality, and timely services are delivered to customers
● Supervise the field activities of credit officers through routine field visits and spot checks.
● Gain close client contact through field visits to keep abreast with customer needs, service problems, and resolving problems as necessary.
● Reinforce the application of superior customer service and ensure that customers receive quality products and services that adhere to the product and customer service standards.
● Attend and do a knowledge assessment of client training and attend/ supervise loan distribution as well as asset repossession.
● Participate in loan collection visits for loans over 60 days.
● Implement and monitor security and fraud precautions in the field to protect customer deposits, company assets, and staff.
● Hold weekly meetings with officers to ensure they are on track and performing against the set goals, and take corrective action against significant deviations.
● Participate and lead in all branch weekly arrears meetings.
● Provide feedback to the line manager on any proposed improvements in the credit processes.
● Carry out performance reviews, ensure that all credit branch staff are appraised based on performance objectives, and recommending them for training whenever necessary.
● Induct, train, motivate, coach, encourage, and mentor staff.
● Manage work plans of officers under your supervision.
● Communicate clear operations and credit policies, guidelines, and procedures to branch credit staff.
● Ensure a high level of product knowledge and risk management systems by credit staff.
● Ensure that all credit branch functions and activities are in compliance with local legislation, regulations, and internal control policies and procedures.
● Other tasks deemed necessary by the line manager
Who are we looking for?
● Minimum qualification of diploma or degree from recognized university or college in Finance, Business, Micro finance or related field
● More than 4 years’ experience in credit operations at branch level and a minimum of 2 years experience in team supervision
● Strong computer skills
● Fluency in English and Luo (Acholi, Langi)
● Ability and/or willingness to ride long distances on a motorcycle daily.
● Good communication skills (oral and written).
● Process management skills
● Advanced people and relationship management skills
Work location will be in the Acholi and Lango subregions. Expect to spend about 70% of your time in the field and 30% in office in Gulu or Lira. Your working hours are 40 hours per week for which flexibility is required based on the market needs, this includes that you might need to work weekends or early evening hours.
Want to apply?
● Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
● Fill out the online application form under this link
● You will upload your CV in PDF format into the form. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role and has no more than 3 pages.
● Deadline for applications is 19th June 2021 at 11.59PM.