Report to: Head of Credit and Growth
About Cycle Connect
Cycle Connect is a socially-driven business that delivers products and services to smallholder farmers in Uganda. We believe that distance should not be a barrier to opportunity and that is why we work on serving last-mile farmers.
Millions of farmers are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit. This is where Cycle Connect delivers, as we specialize in offering productive assets on financing plans. We offer low barrier loan terms built for farmers, enabling them to increase their income and in turn propel their communities forward.
We began our full-time operations in 2014 and have a growing number of assets in our portfolio, including oxen and plough, bicycles, motorcycles, grinding machines. To date, we have worked with over 10,000 farmers across two different branches and backed up by 40 team members. We are venturing through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda and are therefore looking to expand our team.
Length of contract
This is a two-year contract, with the possibility to extend.
Oversee the credit administration processes and procedures in Cycle Connect, including documentation, asset repossession, asset custody, and loan disbursement whilst monitoring the repayment progress and recovery initiatives for delinquent accounts.
Loans and portfolio quality
● Manage the credit risk of Cycle Connect by ensuring that only quality and well-documented loan proposals are disbursed as per set terms and conditions
● Ensure all credit requests from branches are reviewed in line with the Cycle Connect’s credit review process, risks identified and possible mitigants put forward to the branches to mitigate those risks in regard to loan applications
● Analyze credit performance of branches and advise on possible solutions to credit challenges
● Monitor Cycle Connect’s portfolio at risk on a daily, weekly and monthly basis,
detecting early warning signs of possible default and advise the unit accordingly
● Prepare weekly and monthly relevant credit reports Credit policy
● Enforce the implementation of credit policies and procedures
● Train Cycle Connect staff in credit processes and procedures, make branch visits to check and ensure proper credit processes are being followed
● Oversee asset repossession and ensure that all repossessed assets in Cycle Connect custody are safe and properly recorded in the registers and different trackers
● Provide management with periodic reports on asset management and closure of audit findings in the areas of credit administration
Who are we looking for?
● Minimum qualification of diploma or degree from recognized university or college in Finance, Business, Microfinance, Development or related field
● More than 2 years’ experience in Credit Administration
● Analytical skills
● Responsible for results
● Excellent communication skills
● Fluency in English
● Good computer skills
Work location will be in Gulu and occasionally Lira. Your working hours are 40 hours per week for
which flexibility is required based on the market needs, this includes that you might need to work
weekends or early evening hours.
Want to apply?
● Take a look at our website to see how you resonate with what we do.
● Fill out the online application form under this link
● You will upload your CV in PDF format into the form. Please ensure that it is tailored to this role and has no more than 3 pages.
● Deadline for applications is 19th June 2021 at 11.59PM.